A Drafting/CAD Technician is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the
Christiansburg, VA area. To provide design and drafting expertise to various areas of the plant in support of daily operations and continuous improvement and cost reductions projects.
location: Christiansburg, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $17.40 - 29.12 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Interface with operations, engineering and maintenance to develop/design and implement improvements in processes, equipment or safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Formal documentation for all aspects of designs or projects (i.e. Drawings, Spare Parts, Procedures, PM's, and Calibration).
- Work directly with operations, engineering and maintenance in troubleshooting and resolving production equipment issues.
- 2-year Technical degree in CAD/Drafting. Prefer 4 year Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electro-mechanical Engineering, CAD/CAM, Manufacturing
- Proficient with SolidWorks and AutoCAD design software as well as Excel
- strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Self motivated and self starter: results oriented, can work independently, and high commitment / energy
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload with good planning and organizational skills
- Incorporating vendor drawings into pre-existing CAD storage system
- Document editing
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience of mechanical and electrical systems
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Technical curiosity that will enable unique design solutions to the problem.
- Manufacturing work experience
- Large assembly models/drawings
- Component design
- Tabulated drawings
- Welded assembly models/drawings
- Sheet metal assembly models/drawings
- Spare part research and purchasing
- Process improvement initiatives
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.