Immediate opening for a CNC Programmer working on custom metal fabrication / industrial machine projects, in the Bay City, MI area. This is first shift work. Responsibilities for the CNC Programmer
Requirements for the CNC Programmer
- Program parts using Mastercam or Camworks; Design parts using Solidworks.
- Work with the Pattern Department Manager or Pattern Engineer Lead on new machine orders and replacement parts the aftermarket department.
- Provide layout and setup drawings for the assembling of the bottle handling parts and for customer reference.
- Receive models from Mechanical Engineer and program to be used in part design.
- Program, setup, and operate CNC Router. Machine parts to specifications on detail prints provided, or as instructed. This may include programming your own parts as well as other parts in the department. Set up tooling, work pieces, and CNC router machine offsets as needed.
- High School diploma, minimum.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Mastercam and/or CAMworks programming experience
- Solidworks, ideally; CAD or 3D modeling experience, required.
location: Bay City, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $58,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Creates instructions for machinist
- Ability to model to create program
- Create model based CNC program
- Utilize multiple CNC programming software to create CNC program
- Ability to utilize simulation software to prove out CNC programs
- Create DNC file to store & make CNC program available
- Vast knowledge of modern machining principles/methodology
- Background in operation of CNC machines
- Updated knowledge of state of the art tooling
- Ability to communicate & teach
- Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints
- Makes calculations for programming including where materials should be cut
- Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program
- Communicates with engineers and clients who will use the programs
- Checks completed programs by running simulations or tests
- Prepares geometric layout of designs using proper software
- Determines sequence of operations in a program
- Chooses cutting tools that will be needed
- Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations
- Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs
- Makes improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes
- Simplifies tooling time for workers and increases productivity for the client
- Evaluates all completed designs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully
reduce time and money for the client
- Monitors all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and
successfully complete the task
- Provides training for clients on automated systems
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.