Immediate opening for a Contract Manager working on custom metal fabrication / industrial machine projects including contract review, new order entry, contract administration, contract negotiation, and RFQ/Quoting/Proposal activity through the product life cycle located in the Bay City, MI area.
Three (3) plus years of supervisory experience is a must with team-oriented leadership skills with previous Five (5) plus years of experience in contract management and negotiation related position, preferably in an Aerospace environment Contracts experience with commercial, international and direct and indirect government contracts. strong analytical ability with excellent attention to detail, follow-up and organizational skills Impeccable integrity; superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively tailor messaging with and for all levels of the organization. Familiarity of lean process management to enable continuous improvement Understanding of bid and contract language and standard procedures
location: Bay City, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Helping leadership train employees to ensure understanding of and adherence to contract compliance requirements related to the business.
- Performing duties and training related to the total lifecycle of customer facing contracts for commercial programs including proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities for contracts to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Engaging in direct discussions and negotiations with customer. - Maintaining historical contract negotiation and approval records
- Promote an ethics-based business culture within LS, reviewing contract terms for compliance with laws and company policies, and developing working relationships with internal business teams.
- Interpret, prepare, administer and act as conduit to legal team regarding a wide range of other agreements including complex non-disclosure agreements, leases, bailments, teaming agreements, service contracts, licenses, international representative agreements and others.
- May lead cross functional team and apply ACE and lean tools to improve new and ongoing programs or initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Regulatory Affairs / Compliance
- Technical Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.