Rapidly growing privately held manufacturing company is currently in search for a high potential Materials Manager with experience as a master scheduler. The Materials Manager will be responsible for all purchasing and production planning for a Plant. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, sourcing, negotiating prices, vendor selection and certification including international purchasing. He/She will be responsible for production planning, both long and short term warehousing and shipping operations, and for all systems related to materials and for inventory management.
location: Tucson, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop production plans that balance customer requirements and demonstrated capabilities
- Identify gaps between demonstrated capacity and customer requirements. Work with the Azusa team to develop recovery and/or gap closure plans
- Manage Azusa warehouses and warehouse staff
- Oversee Azusa traffic, purchasing, planning, and logistics staff
- Work with external suppliers - this includes setting up VMI programs, negotiating prices and payment terms, developing second sources, phasing out poor performers and ensuring that our vendors are able to meet on time delivery, quality and cost objectives.
- Ensure that material flows from internal and external suppliers are available to achieve the production plan.
- Ensure that finished goods inventory levels are within the min/max targets
- Drive Pull and Lean methodologies including Plan For Every Part (PFEP), Material Supermarkets, and Vendor Managed Inventory
- Ensure that production requirements and schedules are properly communicated to the production floor
- Work with internal customers to forecast requirements and develop min/max targets that will balance inventory levels with market requirements
- Work with internal customers to develop and implement production schedules
- Drive lean methodologies for warehouse management, inventory levels, and materials flow.
- Safety Conscious
- BS in Planning & Logistics, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ years of planning, logistics or materials management experience
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing plant as a manufacturing engineer or operations manager
- APICS Certified
- Ability to lead, train and develop others
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude
- Lean Manufacturing or Lean 6-Sigma Experience
- strong Data analysis and Problem Solving Skills
- Organized and detail oriented personality
- strong Computer knowledge (MS Office, PeopleSoft/MRP Systems, Database entry, etc.)
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.