Growing and stable client is looking for a manual electronic product tester. This is a perm job with one of the largest employers which will afford candidates opportunities for growth and upward mobility. Performs moderately complex troubleshooting to the sub component and component levels often without engineering assistance, testing, and acceptance of production, deliverable material on pre-production and development systems, infrared devices, lowest replaceable unit, subs, final assemblies and components.
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
work hours: 7am to 3pm
education: High School
- Utilizes diversified test and measurement equipment, and supports multiple setups simultaneously.
- Works to prints, sketches, schematics, specifications, process sheets, and outlines
- May work under environmental extremes.
- Works with verbal, written, video or computer-based procedures and a knowledge of electronic theory, acquires, transports and sets up test equipment and test conditions.
- Applies knowledge of electronic theory, diagnostic aids, specifications and manuals to isolate failures in both the unit under test and associated test equipment to lowest replaceable unit or component.
- May perform rework, inspection and re-inspection incidental to test and, as required, to return defective unit under test to operational condition in compliance with specification.
- Transports equipment, hardware and repair material between work departments as required.
- Maintains associated peripheral equipment, tools and fixtures incidental to test process in proper operating condition and in accordance with general housekeeping guidelines.
- Performs inspection of material utilizing test equipment, hand tools and other mechanical tools.
- Performs all marking, stenciling, and painting as required by process.
- Fabricates special-purpose jigs, fixtures, and adapters.
- Performs daily/weekly test station calibrations as required.
- Tunes and pots RF modules.
- Identifies deficiencies and makes suggestions to improve product reliability and quality.
- Performs general maintenance and housekeeping of workplace, tools and equipment.
- Maintains records, moves materials and follows safety rules in performance of duties.
- As required, works with engineering personnel with normal levels of support and supervision.
- Performs other similar duties as required or directed.
- Lifts up to 25lbs individually or up to 40lbs as a two person lift
Candidates must be able and willing to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of manual testing experience
- Over 1 year of electronics education/strong knowledge of electrical theory
- Experience with testing instruments such as (Ohm Meters, Multi-Meters, Oscilloscopes)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 5 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- electrical theory (2 years of experience is required)
- Oscilloscopes (2 years of experience is required)
- Ohn Meters (2 years of experience is required)
- Multi-Meters (2 years of experience is required)
- Testing Instruments (2 years of experience is required)
- Manual Tester (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.