Multinational civil engineering company is seeking a Construction Manager who can provide expertise and oversight for the construction and commissioning of electric lines and substation projects. Individual will be responsible for management and performance of Field Construction Managers, electricity distribution facilities, lines OHL, underground, substations and civil works associated
location: Rochester, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for management and performance of Field Construction Managers, electricity distribution facilities, lines OHL, underground, substations and civil works associated
- Determine contractor resource requirements, service specifications and manage contractor performance
- Manage activities inspection and sign offs for construction projects.
- Develop, review and evaluate contracts and agreements
- Collaborate with management staff and coordinate activities with the field construction managers
- Integrate the works into the planning, scheduling, cost tracking, construction, installation, and testing and acceptance activities
- Assist Field Construction Managers to obtain all construction materials and ensure that material handling plans are established and managed
- Coordinate the construction schedules with the other functional areas
- Provide constructability feedback on electrical, mechanical, protection and civil construction standards
- Participate in the ongoing budget process to provide items, manpower, and control of the
- Identify construction risk during the planning, execution and construction phases and prepare risk mitigation plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent education with 7 years relevant experience required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive related electric utility industry experience, with transmission facilities construction management experience preferred. Five (5) years' experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Project or Equivalent
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be willing to travel to construction sites on a day to day basis, attend meetings
The essential functions of this role include:
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- working weekends
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.