An Electrical Safety Engineer is needed for a leading manufacturing organization near Lexington, KY. The Electrical Safety Engineer is responsible for manage the electrical safety program and ensure safe design, installation, operations, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment and systems, including managing associated risks through mitigation or control of electrical shock and arc flash hazards.
Qualified candidates must have a BS Degree, and 7+ years of experience with electrical & machine safety, along with comprehensive knowledge of OSHA, NFPA 70/70E/79/70B, IEEE, ANSI, ASTM and, other applicable industry standards. This is a contract role located near Lexington, KY, slated to last at least 6 months, and our client is only seeking local talent or candidate willing to relocate on their own accord at this time.
location: GEORGETOWN, Kentucky
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage the electrical safety program and ensure safe design, installation, operations, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment and systems
- Manage associated risks through mitigation or control of electrical shock and arc flash hazards
- Perform arc flash and shock risk assessments and engineering studies
- Conduct electrical safety analysis for Industrial Controls, Control of Hazardous Energy (CoHE), Lockout/Tagout, Machine Risk Assessment, Safety Systems
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Electrical Engineering (7 years of experience is required)
- Safety Engineer (7 years of experience is required)
- OSHA (5 years of experience is required)
- NFPA 70/70E/79/70B (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.