A Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer is needed for a leading provider of broadband satellite services, products, and managed network solutions in the Germantown, MD area. Take a technical leadership role in designing radios for VSAT systems. Work on cutting-edge microwave technologies such as K-Band power amplifiers and ultra-low noise amplifiers.
location: Germantown, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 108,157 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Analyze and summarize data to improve RF/Microwave simulations. This involves design and simulations along with bench characterization on RF/Microwave boards.
- Ensure RF data is properly taken, analyzed, summarized and presented to project teams.
- Debug complex RF test setups when they have measurement issues.
- Come up with different architectures and evaluate new technologies for different applications.
- Take a product from design to production phase.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of Engineering experience with RF Circuits and understanding of modulation techniques used in RF Communication applications
- 5+ years of experience with Keysight Advanced Design System (ADS) or similar tool for RF simulations and ability to work with RF measurement test systems, including S-parameter measurements, power amplifier load pull, noise-parameter measurements etc.
- 5+ years of experience with EM modelling skills for board level filters, microwave launch etc
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Excellent understanding of microwave and RF signal theory
- Excellent analytical, Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of modern programming languages for automated testing and data analysis
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.