A Senior Systems Engineer is needed for a leading provider of broadband satellite services, products, and managed network solutions in the Gaithersburg, MDarea. This is an exciting position where the candidate will be involved in system design and testing of state-of-the-art RF and antenna technology for next generation LEO/MEO/GEO satellite communication systems.
location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 123,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Analyze system requirements and develop system architectures for RF and baseband subsystems.
- Develop subsystem requirements, specifications and technical evaluations
- Conduct link budgets analyses, block and signal level analyses, and, trade off studies
- Analyze RF performance and conduct simulations and measurements to determine signal integrity, cross-talk, coupling, noise, insertion loss, return loss.
- Develop algorithms for calibration of antenna subsystems in fixed and mobile user terminal installations
- Develop constellation modeling and analyses for LEO/MEO/GEO satellite systems and conduct analyses against regulatory masks.
- Document detailed designs and present them internally and to external customers
- MSEE in electrical engineering with emphasis on signal analyses and RF/microwave engineering
- 10+ years expertise in communications systems theory and analysis including link budgets, signal propagation, phase noise, EVM, non-linear effects, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with microwave circuit design in industry.
- strong analytical skills and modeling skills for RF performance in LEO/MEO/GEO systems
- Ph.D in electrical engineering with emphasis on signal analyses and RF/microwave engineering
- Experience with HFSS/CST, ADS, and MATLAB simulation tools
- Familiarity with a wide variety of RF printed circuit technologies including stripline, microstrip, CoPlanar Waveguide.
- Familiarity with high density PC Board interconnect methods including micro-via, blind and buried via, in RF and microwave environments.
- Design experience with LNAs, power amplifiers, active RFIC technologies, directional couplers, frequency converters, mixers, frequency synthesizers.
- Familiar with test equipment like vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, noise figure meters, power meters, vector signal analyzers.
- Knowledgeable about electronic beam forming, beam steering and array synthesis.
- Able to make antenna pattern measurements including gain, beam-width, sidelobe levels, co and cross polarization levels, Return loss, coupling factors
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Masters
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.