A Principal Engineer-RF/Wireless is needed for a leading provider of broadband satellite services, products, and managed network solutions in the San Diego, CA area. Take a technical leadership role in designing radios for mobile satellite systems. Work on cutting-edge technologies such as highly integrated L and S-band transceivers and High performance RF front ends/antennas.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 117,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead and mentor junior RF engineers on the San Diego RF team
- Design RF/Microwave electrical circuits, components and transceivers including computer/mathematical modeling, part, material and process selection, CAD layout and packaging
- Perform specification analysis for new products and component design including creation of drawing package and specification control documents
- Generate system block diagrams, interconnection drawings (ICDs), and RF assembly outline drawings
- Evaluate new technologies for different satellite communication application and produce prototype hardware consistent with company manufacturing producibility requirements
- Perform design verification and testing for Transmit/Receive boards using Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes and Signal Generators
- Perform RF (Radio Frequency) hardware integration
- Perform and coordinate production engineering support functions such as test fixtures, materials, design, and process problem evaluation and solution
- Guide factory test engineers and technicians on test and debug efforts
- Automate RF tests using LabView.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, or a related field
- 10+ years' experience in Hardware Engineering.
- 5 year experience with each of the following: RF Systems, Microwave Systems; RF test equipment such as: Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications
- Experience with RF simulation tool - ADS, MWO, or similar
- Experience with Spice modeling is a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Masters
- RF Design
- Circuit Board Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.