A Quality Engineer is needed for a diversified industrial manufacturer with market-leading brands serving customers in global commercial, industrial and residential markets located in the Columbia, SC area. Research and test the design, functionality and maintenance of products, equipment, systems and processes and develop quality standards.
location: Columbia, South Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $18.23 - 30.00 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- May write training material and conduct training sessions on quality control activities.
- May specialize in areas of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, product reliability, inventory control, metrology, automated testing, software, research and development, and administrative application.
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in engineering required.
- Entry level to 2 years' experience required.
Top 3 Must-Haves:
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field.
- Gauge Calibration experience
- Practical application of various mechanical type gauges for inspection
- Above average expertise in MS Excel
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.