A Design Engineer is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Menlo Park, CA area. The main function of a design engineer is to research and develop ideas for new products and systems. The typical design engineer will perform varius tasks including creating test prototypes and overseeing manufacturing processes.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Contract
salary: $66 - 100 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Research and draft blueprints, engineering plans, and graphics.
- Develop and test prototypes for new products and systems.
- Identify solutions to improve production efficiency.
- Use design software to develop models and drawings of new products.
- Assess prototypes to determine issues or risks.
- Supervise the process of manufacturing designs.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.