Chemical manufacturing company has an immediate need in Mobile, Alabama for a Maintenance Supervisor to lead the maintenance team's compliance and continuous improvement in line with the plant's environmental, safety, and health requirements. This is a perm position. Currently we are only looking for local candidates or candidates willing to relocate at their own expense. Apply Now
location: Mobile, Alabama
job type: Permanent
salary: $62,000 - 83,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- promotes a safe working environment and uses permits to work, job hazard analysis, pre-startup safety reviews, lockout/tag out, proper PPE, and job procedures and plans
- adheres to federal, state, and local electrical codes, industry standards, and regulatory requirements
- Maintain maintenance metrics.
- Champion and utilize the SAP maintenance management system to control, analyze, keep records and report on maintenance activities
- Responsible for maintaining the PM/PdM program including documentation.
- Responsible for in conjunction with Maintenance Planner maintaining critical spare parts inventory to reduce production downtime.
- Ensure proper steps and investigations are taken to resolve maintenance/reliability issues.
- Ensure maintenance procedures, job plans, and LOTO documents are developed, implemented and updated as necessary. Coordinate maintenance activities with Maintenance Planner, Safety and Operations; ensure proper priority is communicated, understood and executed for all maintenance tasks.
- Review E&I applications, including control system interfaces, for performance and reliability and leading identified improvement efforts with engineering support as necessary.
- Assist the owner of the MOC process. Ensure MOC process is executed as appropriate for all process and/or procedure changes, and properly documented for maintenance
- Participates as EHS Team Member. Ensure safe and environmentally responsible execution of maintenance work.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment records including drawings and mechanical integrity data
- Manages and directs maintenance personnel, including scheduling, maintaining morale and safety.
- Ensure all maintenance contractors are qualified and properly documented. Manage relationships between contractors and service providers
- Set goals and perform annual performance reviews for the maintenance team.
- Proven team player with good peer, subordinate, and superior relationship skills.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Manufacturing (5 years of experience is required)
- Maintenance (5 years of experience is required)
- Controls (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Chemical Manufacturing (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.