Leading semiconductor is seeking a Power Electronics Engineer to be based in Hauppauge, NY.
location: Hauppauge, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The engineer will have the background and responsibility for the development, design, integration and test of motor drive/control systems, power control & distribution systems, and general controls and systems engineering background.
- Motor Drives Design, Selection and Development, particularly for high power applications 1kW+
- Experience with motor control system development and hardware for various electric motor types
- Experience with power control & distribution; energy storage, electro-mechanical machinery - electric actuators, electric motor control;
- Experience with ORCAD Capture, Pspice and Matlab/Simulink
- Ability to work hands-on in a testing environment to develop control systems
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic small-company environment.
- Ability to engage industry experts, apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.