Mechanical Test Technician needed for a full-time opportunity in the Secaucus, NJ area. The Mechanical Test Technican will be responsible for the preparation, setup, and execution of various mechanical, physical, and dynamic tests, as well as the capture of data resulting from these tests. Apply now for immediate consideration!
location: SECAUCUS, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $47,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Test Preparation: Review and understand test plans and objectives provided.
- Test Setup: Verify test equipment operation, install instruments such as accelerometers, strain gauges, sensors etc. on test samples, and properly mount them to the test equipment.
- Test Execution: Perform tests in accordance with specifications and troubleshoot as needed. Provide feedback to test engineers and/or customer representatives as needed.
- Data Processing: Verify that all data is properly captured and can be imported into test reports as well as distributed to Test Engineers and customer representatives.
- Post-Test Breakdown: Physically remove all items at the completion of testing and ensure that all materials are properly stored and that all equipment is properly shutdown.
- General / Lab Maintenance: Support Lab efficiency by keeping tools and materials organized, instruments calibrated, supplies properly stocked and keeping equipment properly maintained.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Mechanical Testing (5 years of experience is required)
- Manufacturing Testing (5 years of experience is required)
- Shock testing (2 years of experience is required)
- Vibration testing (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.