A prominent industrial automation solutions company who earned the distinguished Top Employers for 2020 in North America for outstanding people practices is seeking a Solutions Engineer. The Solutions Engineer will support the sales team as a technical expert for networking and control systems, vision systems, sensors and other industrial automation products.
location: Walnut Creek, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Work closely with sales engineers and customers to support the sales process for the company's most innovative solutions. Support will include product presentations, validating solutions with customers during proof of concept, troubleshooting technical problems, and providing ongoing sales support, e.g., commissioning and training of both customers and sales engineers.
- Apply a comprehensive understanding of the company's complete line of products including principle of operation, functionality and benefits, and application feasibility. This will build customer confidence and enable you to proactively identify and resolve technical application challenges.
- Work closely with our product management team to identify product challenges and requirements for new functionality, create tools for improving the sales process for solutions, and develop and execute a strategy for new product introductions.
- Maintain technical documentation to include engineering drawings, reference material and application data.
- Maintain a high level of motivation and commitment to helping the local sales team with promotion of innovative solutions. Need to conduct training on products, applications, sales tools, project quotes, and sales arguments.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.