A well established and growing Civil Engineering and Surveying firm is looking to add a Director of Public Works to their team in Corona, CA. The ideal candidate will be a Registered California Professional Engineer with 12-15 years experience in Public Sector Design Work and managing others. Apply today!
location: Corona, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Work directly with the Principals in management of the Public Works Department staff, including recommendations for hiring, firing, promotions and annual performance reviews.
- Responsible for oversight of the design work provided on all Public Works projects, managing schedules and staffing for these projects, final review and signature for all plans, studies and related reports
- Directly responsible for the day to day management of the Public Works Staff and would work hand-in-hand with our Director of Engineering, and/or the Director of Surveys, when support staff is needed in order to meet project commitments.
- Invoicing and client negotiations with our Public Works clients
- Business development and marketing to help in growing our Public Works backlog.
- Managing existing and proposed clients
- Make sure that we are invited to provide statements of qualifications and/or proposals by the agencies we are looking to work with
- Preparation of SOQ's and proposals and following up with these agencies with regards to these submittals
- Planning, preparation and any required presentations and/or interviews needed during the process of securing this work
- Review and negotiation of the contract and coordinating with a Principal for execution of the contract.
- Registered California Professional Engineer - required
- 12-15 years experience
- Experience in Public Sector Design Work - Streets, road widening, pavement rehab., sewer/water and reclaimed water pipelines, etc.
- Ability to manage and schedule employees
- Experience in writing proposals
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 12 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Public Sector Design Work
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.