A family-owned recycling manufacturing facility is looking to add a Maintenance Manager to their team in City of Industry, CA to support plant operations and facilities management and oversee a team of 12. The ideal candidate will be fluent in English & Spanish with 5+ years experience, ideally in the metal industry. Apply today!
location: La Puente, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Minimum of 5 years of experience and expertise in some combination of the following:
- Lead a team of 12-18 technicians on 3 shifts, 7 days supporting plant operations and facilities management; in charge of all plant maintenance
- Plan and execute multiple plant projects both large and small
- Manage vendors, contractors, equipment and spare parts for the plant
- Position reports directly to the Plant Manager
- Welding and fabricating
- Refractory and furnace lining
- Electrical and electronic controls; troubleshooting and/or programming
- Combustion processes, burners, valve trains, temperature controllers
- Mobile equipment including forklifts, wheel loaders
- Material handling, conveyors
- Ventilation systems with 50-250 HP motor Bag houses (dust collectors)
- Team-based Leadership & Facilitation skills
- High level of computer literacy - MS Excel, Word, Access, etc.
- Familiar with TPM and capable of implementing
- Preventive Maintenance experience - developing, implementing, managing a working system
- CAD/CAM capability
- Project management, capital projects
- Involvement in OSHA Voluntary Programs
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- English and Spanish language fluency
- B.S. Degree in engineering or related; PE or other technical certifications desired
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- standing for 8 hours at one time
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Plant Management
- Project Management
- Materials Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.