A Civil/ Structural Engineer is needed for a leading manufacturing organization. The Civil/ Structural Engineer is responsible for creating technical evaluation and criteria as it relates to the design and renewal of civil and structural systems found within the plants. These systems include structural steel, foundations, roads, paving systems, storm water, and other related systems. Tasks include developing civil/ structural system sizing, design, and pre-construction planning.
Qualified candidates must have a BSCE and 3+ years of industrial building construction design. In addition, candidates must be proficient with AutoCAD, BluBeam, or related PDF editing software. This is a long-term contract, slated to last at least a year, and our client is only seeking local talent or candidates willing to relocate on their own.
location: GEORGETOWN, Kentucky
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop technical evaluation and criteria as it relates to the design and renewal of civil and structural systems found within the plants
- Provide technical support to manufacturing plants in areas of civil system sizing, design, and pre-construction planning
- Investigate building industry trends, and current/past building issues to introduce innovation and improvements for manufacturing plant mechanical systems
- Complete technical evaluation criteria related to potential building expansions including system capacity studies, estimates of modified/new civil systems, and schedules to implement
- Provide internal review of mechanical system drawings from outside engineering firms to support system implementation
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 10 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Civil (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.