Our client in Palm Beach Gardens, FL is looking to add an HR/Administrative Assistant to their team for an extended 1 year contract. This position will be responsible for handling all FMLA activities from start to finish. If you meet the requirements and are interested in learning more please apply below and call us today for immediate consideration. Thank you.
location: PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $15.00 - 16.75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Responsible for the FMLA Leave Administration process from initial notice of the need for leave through the return to work process. This includes providing all communication required per Department of Labor guidelines, determining leave eligibility, review of medical certification/ supporting documentation as applicable, designating leave as FMLA-qualifying and tracking / managing intermittent and reduced schedule leave usage.
- Administration of additional company offered programs in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
- Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and maintains communication with employees and their managers/HR Business Partners throughout the entire process as needed.
- Advises managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off and short-term and long-term disability benefits and works collaboratively with business partners to ensure leave compliance standards are met.
- Maintains communication with and provides necessary information to our disability and payroll vendors
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from continuous FMLA, or other leave(s). Ensures site specific return to work processes are followed.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of dealing with external sources and all levels of employees.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Previous experience with case management tool
- Previous experience with shared services team helpful.
- High School Diploma required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- FMLA (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.