Aero-Thermal Engineer needed at leading company located in Northwest Florida. This is a chancd to join a top notch, industry leader with excellent growth potential. You must have a PhD and relevant collegiate lab experience. Relocation assistance for qualified candidates. APPLY NOW
location: Tallahassee, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for contributing to the detailed design and development of turbo machinery throughout the product development life cycle, from definition of the customer/product requirements to the product implementation and qualification phases.
- Apply advanced aero design to real world engineering challenges
- Convert market needs into aero and thermal design solutions
- Utilize 1 Dimensional mean line code to design the preliminary flow path, Blade geometries, diffusers and volute and predict the performance of the compressors
- Employ 3D CFD for aero performance simulations and aerodynamics optimization
- Aerodynamic performance analysis and concept studies with new refrigerants
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering or similar required; must have collegiate lab experience in turbomachinery, gas turbines or similiar.
- 0-3 years of working experience in advanced fluid mechanics
- 0-3 years of working experience with designing industrious centrifugal compressors, air compressors, oil and fuel compressors or turbocharger compressors
- Familiarity with CAD/CAE
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: Doctorate (required)
- Design Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.