Industrial Machinery & Equipment company is seeking an experienced Machinist to join their team. Experience with cylindrical grinding is preferred, but can also be trained. This position is an integral part in supporting the Production team. Qualified candidates will have an AA degree and 5-7 years of experience.
location: NEWBERG, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 9pm to 7am
education: High School
- Read and follow daily work schedule and prioritize work.
- Gathers all documentation needed to perform the job.
- Verifies that the revision levels are current and match.
- Operates cylindrical and surface grinders, mills, and lathes.
- Pulls and prepares raw material to be ready for next job.
- Cleans and deburrs the material as needed to remove sharp edges and allow for placement in vises or fixtures.
- Operates drill presses, honing machines, hydraulic presses, etc. to perform secondary operations.
- Performs mechanical inspection to verify parts meet engineering specifications.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on various machine shop tools. -
- Performs light assembly as needed.
- Assists all cell team members as needed to ensure that team goals are met.
- Performs all CNC machine tool setups with assistance from CNC Journey Level Machinists when needed.
- Reports minor edits of the CNC programs and communicates issues back to programming.
- Initiates process improvements including fixture design, tooling upgrades and works with other support team members to follow through on implementation.
- Operates other manual machine tools as necessary.
- Performs any secondary operations as necessary to complete the process in its entirety.
- Confers with team leads, engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Performs all routine machine tool setups.
- Performs all quality and measurement functions as related to the machining of components.
- May travel occasionally, primarily in the local area.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
- CNC (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.