Fortune 150 company: Applications are currently being accepted for the position of Structural Steel Specialist. The role of the Specialist includes managing territorial technical and marketing strategy and tactics, as directed, to positively influence the use of steel for building design and construction in the marketplace
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The role of the Structural Steel Specialist includes managing territorial technical and marketing strategy and tactics, as directed, to positively influence the use of steel for building design and construction in the marketplace, specifically as it relates to the company's product offerings. The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Proactively develop strategic relationships in the architecture, engineering, contractor and owner communities within the priority territory to influence projects that may not be competitively considering steel as a viable option, with a priority towards the company's product offerings for buildings.
- Speak on a regional and local level as a trusted authority on steel's role in vertical construction while displaying general construction marketplace expertise. This will include gathering and communicating competitive information and market analytics for forecasting purposes in the building marketplace in cooperation with CSS leadership and peers.
- Willingness to develop presentation content and host targeted industry events within territory to build brand and increase company's presence in the design and construction communities.
- Actively engage in efforts to increase steel's building market share growth via both participation and leadership positions in territorial trade associations, technical committees, and decision-maker-led cohorts (AISC, AISI, SEA, AIA, AGC and others) which will influence the current and next generation of decision-making professionals.
- Utilize internal and/or external technical resources to create conceptual project studies for the design and construction industry showcasing the benefits of steel over competitive materials. Leverage collaboration between the company's divisions to provide enhanced solution offerings for conceptual project studies.
- Work with Manager of Building Solutions to explore competitive threats to the steel market for vertical construction within territory, identifying specific challenges while developing and executing a long-term strategy to combat those threats.
- Identify future trends and opportunities for growth in market sectors and individual product offerings to enhance the value that the company delivers to the marketplace.
- Leverage CRM to quantify and measure all activities executed to assess long-term success and viability of efforts for both technical and market promotion to key decision makers.
- Utilize marketing communications tools to maintain email/web/video/social media campaigns targeting individuals identified as decision makers for building solutions within territory as defined in department and corporate media strategy goals and objectives.
- Build a collaborative relationship with sales managers (as prioritized) for key customer collaboration both individually and at the fabricator association level for aligned relationship management to support their sales roles and complement our CSS priorities.
- This position will require travel as necessary and can be located in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles or the Dallas-Fort Worth area. This position will report to the Manager of Building Solutions Construction Solutions Services.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Civil (2 years of experience is preferred)
- architecture (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Construction (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.