Senior Electrical Controls Engineer for amazing temp to direct opportunity on the north shore of Boston, MA! This is an upper-level position that reports to the VP of Engineering. The Senior Electrical Controls Engineer's primary responsibilities include designing and building of Human Machine Interface (HMI) control systems for custom pick and place automation equipment. BSEE or Controls Engineering degree and 8-10 years of related experience preferred. Apply now!!
location: North Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design and build control systems for process control and automation projects
- Design and build Human Machine Interface (HMI) control systems for custom Pick and Place automation equipment.
- PLC Control System Design with a focus on hardware, panels and instrumentation.
- CAD based panel layout and schematic design.
- Implements electric controls design by providing installation, start-up, and technical support.
- Meet and interact with vendors in various capacities.
- Organizes design project by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources.
- Provide "Hands on" trouble shooting and machine start up.
- Generate and manage project documentation.
- Provide technical support for production departments.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Controls (5 years of experience is preferred)
- SCADA / HMI (10 years of experience is preferred)
- EE Degree
- Automation Architecture
- Vision Systems
- Automated Pick and Place
- Electrical Validation
- MS Office Tools
- Scara Robots
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.