Chemical Process Engineer located near Pleasant View, TN for a leading multi-metals manufacturer. This role is responsible to to undertake projects that promote a continuous improvement culture and drive productivity improvements. To be considered - Bachelor's degree is required (Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry is preferred) with at least two (2) years' process improvement experience within a metals or related industrial environment. This is a direct hire opportunity to join a growing organization. Relocation assistance is available. APPLY NOW!
- Bachelor's Degree is required (Concentration in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry is highly preferred)
- Must have at least two (2) years' process improvement experience within a metals or related industrial environment.
- Highly demonstrated ability in conceptual and practical planning skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (spreadsheets, project planners, charting etc.)
- Experience in SAP preferred
- Some exposure to metallurgical processes desired
location: Pleasant View, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide technical support to the Operations group to assist in improving process stability and on-line time
- Undertake projects that promote a continuous improvement culture and drive productivity improvements
- Provides technical support to plant production departments as directed by Technical Manager.
- Monitors KPI's and proactively implements corrective actions to increase on-line time of process.
- Maintains and monitors departmental SPC charts and dashboards, as appropriate.
- Continually analyses plant capacity and proactively address any potential bottlenecks.
- Develops and implements corrective actions and process improvements to maintain a continuous improvement culture.
- Develops and contributes to the implementation of capital projects
The essential functions of this role include:
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- standing for 8 hours at one time
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Process Improvement
- Continuous Improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.