Materials Manager located in Indianapolis, IN for a leading industrial technology and manufacturing company. This role is responsible for the Inventory Control, Buying, Scheduling, Shipping and Receiving functions to meet plant objectives. To be considered - B.S Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Engineering or a related discipline.with at least five (5) years of materials management and production planning/scheduling experience in a manufacturing setting. This is a direct hire opportunity to join a growing organizaiton. Relocation assistance is available. APPLY NOW!
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Engineering or related discipline
- Must have at least five (5) years of materials management and production planning/scheduling experience in a manufacturing setting.
- CPIM or CSCP APICS certification
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of quality and material (MRP) systems and their application in a manufacturing environment.
- Material Manager experience in a Chemical manufacturing plant
- Six-Sigma, Green or Black belt certification
location: Indianapolis, Indiana
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for the Inventory Control, Buying, Scheduling, Shipping and Receiving functions to meet the plant's objectives
- Manage Materials and Distribution personnel
- Establish and maintain daily, weekly and monthly manufacturing measures.
- Determine root causes for manufacturing variance and establish corrective actions to return the operation to acceptable performance.
- Facilitate the operation of a manufacturing environment, employing the principles of Lean Manufacturing and providing a positive team-based environment.
- Oversee and make appropriate recommendations to the production plan and schedule, to insure the manufacture of products with the goal of achieving an uninterrupted supply of products to the customer.
- Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of all materials documentation, physical inventory, storage locations, expired shelf-life products and inventory reconciliation.
- Responsible for the purchasing of all raw materials including packaging materials to ensure the proper release of all production orders to meet customer expectations
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Materials (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Materials Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.