A Measurements Technician is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Southwest Florida area. This position will travel across South Florida.
Measurements Technician shall be the on-site representative of the Project Manager regarding the pre-design site surveys.
location: Boca Grande, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $15.00 - 16.41 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Perform measurements of site dimensions using laser measuring tools, wheels, tapes, etc.
- Identify points where fiber optic cabling will feed a development, apartment complex, office building or venue
- Identify obstacles to the placement of fiber optic equipment and cable (trees, structures, driveways, waterways, etc.)
- Identify, document, and validate concerns that may impact construction
- Work with Design team to validate any potential changes or recollects of data
- Ensure all data requirements are collected and uploaded each day
- Work with Design group/PM to validate the number of living units/Homes passed compared to initial estimate Competencies (knowledge, skills and behaviors):
- Knowledge of how to read various measurement devices to include tape measures, laser range finders, and calipers
- Map reading ability Soft Skills:
- Fluent in English
- strong oral and written communication skills
- Job requires several miles of walking per day in all weather conditions
- High potential for OT
- Ability to learn to use electronic devices Experiences/Education Required:
- HS Diploma
- Must wear safety vest and ID Desired:
- Drafting knowledge
- Knowledge of fiber optic cable in an aerial plant or underground installation
- Experience in Utility or Land Surveying
- Ability to read blueprints
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.