A Health and Safety Director is needed for an industrial manufacturing organization near Alexandria, La. The Health and Safety Director is responsible to be the champion of the safety culture and work closely with top management to create, update and implement programs. This person must lead by example and desire to make a difference within the businesses.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of related leadership experience for an industrial manufacturing organization. A BS Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Engineering is required and a CSP is desired. This is a direct-hire role, and relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
location: Alexandria, Louisiana
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety programs for facilities in the business unit
- Oversees performance based targets; Compile various weekly and monthly reports for plant leadership
- Ensure the facilities are in full compliance with all regulatory agencies to include OSHA, NFPA, etc; Serve as the point of contact for agency and company health, safety, inspections, audits and community concerns
- Serves as mentor to other safety professionals in our businesses; Prepare and conduct safety training sessions
- Oversee incident investigation to ensure that root cause along with determining the corrective/preventive action
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Health and Safety (6 years of experience is required)
- Industrial Manufacturing (6 years of experience is required)
- Safety (5 years of experience is required)
- Certified Safety Professional (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.