Leading chemical company is seeking a Production/Maintenance Engineer with chemical manufacturing expereince. Direct hire based in Freeport, TX.
location: Freeport, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000.00 - 119,999.74 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Coach & Support 3rd party Operations Personnel in troubleshooting for plant issues in normal operations, start-up, shutdowns and planned turnarounds.
- Utilize most effective technology and challenge/escalate new technology application and assumptions when better solutions arise.
- Partner with required experts to perform advanced troubleshooting for complex issues.
- Improve operating discipline in 3rd party operations and maintenance through participation in development or upgrades of procedures and follow-up with Operating discipline compliance by 3rd party.
- Participate in the preparation, execution, commissioning, start-up and closure of planned turnarounds and downtime from owner perspective.
- Diagnose and document root causes of asset utilization losses in the facility. Monitor plant performance on daily basis.
- Maintain, own, and review short, medium and long term KPIs/ trends to ensure optimum performance.
- Respond urgently to plant issues and emergencies. Act as a unit technical expert during unplanned events and drive implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions in cooperation with 3rd party.
- Provide leadership, expertise, diagnosis, and optimization in plant Raw Material Efficiency, which may include yield or waste generation.
- Ensure compliance with plant operating permits.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Maintenance (5 years of experience is required)
- Reliability (5 years of experience is required)
- Refinery (5 years of experience is required)
- Capital Equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.