Our client is looking for a Process Engineer to achieve maximum ROI from their investments and help the company achieve their operational goals. The ideal candidate would have experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and have experience in a lean manufacturing environment. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in a global company.
location: Madison, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Demonstrate knowledge in a variety of industrial manufacturing processes.
- Research, develop, and implement new manufacturing technologies and processes
- Ability to identify and implement cost savings initiatives
- Evaluate manufacturing processes through designing and applying knowledge in fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, and communicating with equipment vendors
- Initiate, develop, and implement cost reduction projects to assist the manufacturing plants in achieving operational KPI goals
- Lead the implementation of new product launches by working with Sales and Operations to determine the manufacturability of products as well as the equipment/process requirements
- Lead and/or participate in manufacturing capacity increase initiatives to support sales growth
- Prepare appropriation requests for capital investments
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop timelines to meet Customer Deliverables related to Capital Projects and new product launches.
- Plan, manage and execute capital asset programs.
- Lead the Capex process - Develop TRS, Scope of work, and Capex form for all projects. Plan, manage and execute capital projects from cradle to grave.
- Effectively use tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Root cause analysis, 5S, Total Quality Management
- Support in the development of Preventative Maintenance Program for all manufacturing process equipment.
- Trouble shoot process/equipment related issues and fine tune process to eliminate process-induced defects.
- Review processing methods and provide continuous development of manufacturing techniques that will improve in-house capabilities.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspect of the job.
- Develop and provide guidance to reduce variation in all aspects of the manufacturing and operational process.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the overall aspects of the Manufacturing process, new technology and processes, attending training courses, trade shows and industry conferences as required.
- Spend a large amount of time on the floor during all operational hours with a deep understanding of each area.
- Oversee efficient lay-out of the manufacturing process and work flow in accordance with lean methodology with the objective of eliminating waste.
- Ability to work independently and draw from experience in all aspects of manufacturing Team Members.
- Plan, co-ordinate, lead, and participate with various multi-disciplined teams addressing objectives associated with the manufacturing and assembly process, productivity, volume outputs, scrap and rework, quality, safety, and delivery commitments to optimize a profitable operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Process Control
- Process Improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.