Eden Prairie Company seeks a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer. Our client is a manufacturer of high tech parts for the auto industry. Qualified candidates should have a bachelor's degree in engineering, 7+ years of experience, and a proven track record as a Manufacturing Engineer in a high volume manufacturing environment.
location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Scopes, designs, documents, deploys and qualifies new equipment / fixturing to support new products
- Champions projects to optimize / improve throughput, yield and ergonomics with an emphasis on reducing operating expenses through automation, error proofing, and waste reduction in a fast moving regulated (ISO 9001 / 16949) manufacturing environment.
- Provides direction to engineers and technicians assisting in the construction, commissioning, maintaining, troubleshooting, and documentation of equipment.
- Develops plant area expertise and provide skilled troubleshooting by participating in cross-functional teams. Provides leadership in new product launches and continuous improvement efforts.
- Identifies, justifies, and submits capital project documentation for approval, and coordinates the purchasing, installation, and testing of equipment and machinery prior to release to production.
- Participates in problem solving and development teams, working as a liaison between the factory floor and Development Engineering. Participates in APQP teams representing the plant.
- Provides leadership in safe plant operations. Participates on safety or ergonomics committee to provide input and solutions in problematic areas.
- Generates, maintains, and monitors process operating parameters, capacity and utilization data, routing and bills of material information, as well as TS16949 manufacturing and production documentation.
- Possess plant maintenance and operation knowledge along with technical skills to perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member to accomplish objectives
- Must be proficient using 3D CAD Software (e.g. AutoCAD / Solid Works).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading both long-term programs/projects, as well as address shot-term operational issues.
- Knowledge of APQP (or equivalent) quality systems - PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, SPC, 8D, RCA, CAPA, Control plans etc.
- Automotive Industry experience is a plus
- Familiarity with SAP is a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.