Eden Prairie Company seeks a Sr. Manufacturing Mechanical Designer. Qualified candidates should have 7+ years of experience in SolidWorks, 3 or more years of experience designing manufacturing processes. Succesful candidates will work with Manufacturing Engineers to design new manufacturing process, and well as work with manufacturing personal and maintenance to design, build, and install manufacturing fixtures.
location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Demonstrate high mechanical aptitude to proficiently create parts and assemblies for equipment, tooling, and fixtures using computer aided design software.
- Research, identify, and procure off the shelf components for custom equipment and fixtures.
- Track and communicate all assigned project schedules and scope changes with Project Leader or Requestor to assure projects meet delivery and cost requirements.
- Review work requests with Project Leaders or Requestor for project understanding and clarification.
- Verify and validate detailed drawings and B.O.M.'s for adherence to standards and best practices
- Coordinate the arrival of equipment components to meet equipment build requirements.
- Clarify designs and/or correct "redline" markups with cross functional team members.
- Verify the feasibility of fabrication of designed and ordered components.
- Effectively work with documentation management system to maintain life cycle of documentation
- Capability of identifying potential design issues prior to fabrication of parts
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal forms.
- Effectively work in a team environment.
- Machine or Fixture design experience
- Solidworks experience/certifications
- Knowledge of materials and machining practices
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.