The Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for the reliability and performance of all plant industrial automation, control, and communication systems in support of plant goals for safety, quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost control. The systems in use today support plastic injection molding operations through, mold tending, assembly, and decorating activities. These systems are controlled by PLC's, VFD's, I/O sensors, HMI's, communication networks, DCS system, automation, and control software, etc. A qualified candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 3-5 years of experience.
location: GOODYEAR, Arizona
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Make sure that projects are properly accomplished by providing, under close supervision, technical design and progress assistance based on sound engineering principles.
- Create accurate engineering drawings by providing engineering assistance to Engineering Technicians, and Project Engineers.
- Ensure completion of all projects on time by complying with project schedules based on project priorities and target dates.
- Produce comprehensive specifications for obtaining materials, services, and equipment at the best price. This may include value analysis and recommendations on purchasing.
- Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for Controls + Automation input.
- Assist other departments by providing technical engineering opinions and data.
- Perform engineering design calculations; produce layout drawings, plans, and specifications for improvement projects as assigned.
- Direct the activities of staff assigned to assist with projects.
- Provide estimates and projections of anticipated costs for improvement projects for annual budgeting purposes.
- Assist with developing and maintaining design and installation criteria and design and installation standards.
- Developing conceptual layouts and cost studies on small projects as necessary to determine the most simple, efficient approach to solving engineering tasks at hand.
- Configuring control systems with an overall emphasis on ease of maintenance and completed product.
- Ladder logic knowledge
- Siemens S7 1200 PLC programming experience
- AB Programming experience
- Project Management Skills
- Provide training to other associates
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.