A Mechanical Designer is needed for a leading engineering firm located near Martinsburg, WV. The Mechanical Designer is responsible to provide designing, drafting, and engineering support for complex manufacturing process projects.
Qualified candidates must have 2+ years of mechanical design experience with an engineering firm or for manufacturing organization. Candidates must also have a 3D modeling background, preferably Solid Edge. This is a direct-hire role, and our client is only seeking local talent at this time.
location: Martinsburg, West Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Prepare P&ID's, general arrangements, layouts and elevation drawings for process, utility and manufacturing systems
- Prepare detail drawings for equipment installations, process ducting, HVAC ducting, piping and plumbing systems
- Assist in the development of capital cost estimates and effort hour estimates; Prepare design bases, work tenders, best value options analyses, and provide input to project schedules
- Participate in design reviews with the client; work with client during system commissioning, verification, and qualification activities
- Provide design support during construction to ensure technical compliance which includes reviewing equipment submittals, shop drawings and responding to contractor request for information
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: High School
- AutoCAD (1 year of experience is required)
- Manufacturing (1 year of experience is required)
- Solid Edge (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.