A Project Manager is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Corning, NY area. This position will do End to End Project Management including Chartering, Resource Planning, Budgeting, Sponsor and Executive Committee Review, Planning, Execution and Project Closure. Diverse array of projects from tactical to strategic including cost reductions, process improvements, PeopleSoft/SAP deployments, Shared Service integration's, ERP upgrades, business process design and new functional process/technology introductions.
location: Corning, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $65.12 - 86.99 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Required Education and Experience:
- Analyzes and monitors project portfolio components to ensure business requirements are fulfilled, risks are mitigated, and value is optimized
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved using project management methodology and process improvement
- Anticipates internal/ external business challenges to develop work breakdown structures, schedules, estimates, and resource management plans
- Anticipates resource needs through budget processes
- Assists with defining, prioritizing, and executing the initiatives needed to support strategic growth and align necessary resources
- Assists with the development of key performance indicators
- Create project charters, project plans, resource plans, and cost estimates
- Develops and tracks project metrics/ objectives with feedback and action plans designed to address planning gaps
- Document and track activities, scope changes, and lessons learned
- Ensure projects are delivered within timeline, budget, and deliverables are met.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Identifies and establishes best practices across project lines; implements successful processes into corresponding areas
- Implements rewards processes/ practices within the group to ensure performance results and retention of top performers to align with overall company and function wide goals and objectives, coaches talent, and serves as an organizational resource
- Leads global, large-scale, enterprise wide projects, establishing project methodology and coaching the project team to implement procedures
- Manages systems, budgets, and project/matrix teams; may manage multiple complex projects at once with large breadth (e.g., size, materiality, complexity, visibility)
- Monitors and identifies budget and forecast variances and provides division leadership with insights and perspectives on appropriate actions required to address variances
- Oversees a global, cross-functional project team; ensures resources are being utilized effectively and projects are completed per plan
- Plans and tracks project progress following a standardized approach; identifies risks and communicates them with stakeholders
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects; sets project deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and summarizes the project progress; reports status and escalates issues to senior cross-functional leaders
- Run effective and efficient project management processes to drive good work prioritization and resource allocation decisions.
- Supports project management objectives by defining, developing, and executing projects in accordance with organizational priorities
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred with Finance concentration.
- Previous experience in Finance Operations and/or Finance Transformation work including work in Shared Services Centers.
- Staffed and responsible for a work stream of tasks/deliverables on a complex Finance-systems implementation.
- 5+ years Project management work experiences.
- Work with multiple groups and cross function team experiences.
- Polish - Ability to interface at all levels within the organization and install confidence and trust
- Demonstrate Project Management skills and experiences
- Demonstrates initiative and effectively manages self and team through a fast paced environment
- Functional business experience (Finance, Procurement, HR, IT...)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project
- Multi-Tasking - Ability to manage multiple priorities/activities
- Problem Solving, Analytical skills, Exceptional Follow Through
- Process Improvement Experience
- Understanding of Shared Services Operations
- Understanding of Corning Functional processes (Finance, HR, Procurement, etc.)
- Functional understanding of PeopleSoft and/or SAP systems
- Green Belt certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- strong Organization Skills, Process Rigor, Attention to Detail, Responsive
- Additional Leadership Skills: Influencing, Motivating, Change Champion, Adaptable,
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity
- Customer Focus with emphasis on exceptional project delivery
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills needed to brief high level management
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
- Collaborative work style and organizational savvy
- Leadership skills to engage business leadership and leverage talent in a matrix organization
- Sense of urgency and creativity to handle project issues and adapt plan to meet objectives
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Management
- Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.