Lead Electrical / Controls Engineer opportunity with a manufacturing client located approximately 30 minutes North of the Durham, NC area. This position will be responsible for implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining plant product and process traceability systems. Client is looking for someone that is proficient in Siemens and Rockwell software and the ability to manage projects to completion.
location: TIMBERLAKE, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Leadership role providing support to engineering and technical team.
- Evaluate machines or products on manufacturing floor for system related problems and recommend or implement corrective action.
- Provide Hands on support in troubleshooting, repairing, modifying electrical, PLC programming, and process operation traceability issues.
- Lead the development of electrical equipment specification, coordination of equipment runoffs, installation of equipment, production "Ramp-Ups" and management of outside contractors.
- Access, Maintain and Manage the change of PLC programs with historical programming notes and comments
- Carry out preventative maintenance tasks as needed on the control circuits of equipment
- Work closely with all levels of the organization for equipment and process improvements
- Utilize LEAN tools such as Standardized Work, 5S, Visual Management as well as leading Kaizen projects and documenting results to support continuous improvement projects
- Perform any other duties as specified by Engineering Manager
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Controls (5 years of experience is required)
- Rockwell Software
- Siemens Software
- Vision Systems
- Servo Drives
- Electrical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.