Remote to start. Large utility has an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer in Jackson, MI. As an Electrical Project Engineer with the Gas Metering and Regulation Electrical, Instrumentation and Control organization, your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Project engineering and design for site electrical power, lighting, pressure and temperature instruments, HVAC, electrical valve actuators and SCADA equipment.
- Product/process research
- Field technical support during construction
- Specification drafting and review
This is a long term position. Possible temp to hire. Apply Now!
location: Jackson, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Coordination and communication with multiple internal and external groups and / or service providers is a must. Examples of this work may include replacement of a specific component at a regulator station or City Gate, or may be as complex as a rebuild of an entire regulation facility.
Skills: Knowledge and Experience with the following is required:
- Electrical System Design/Installation for Hazardous Locations/Oil and Gas Facilities in compliance with the National Electrical Code/NFPA 70
- Design/interpretation of AC and DC electrical Schematics
- Digital pressure and temperature instrumentation specification and application
- Analog/4-20mA signals
- SCADA/PLC equipment design and applications
- Solid state and electrometrical relays for control applications
- Design/troubleshooting MODBUS serial communication networks
- Electrical valve actuators and solenoid valves
- Electrical Construction practices
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- System Design
- Equipment Design
- Electrical Schematics
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.