Growing and well established manufacturing company located in the Sarasota area is looking to hire a Sr. Buyer.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $90k to $100k plus a 15% annual bonus and relocation assistance.
The ideal candidate will possess experience leading a team of buyers and planners in a manufacturing environment with the focus on achieving metrics, managing flow of materials, parts and assemblies between departments.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead departmental meetings of buyer/planner team
- Assist with constrained suppliers as required and help planning break through internal and external constraints
- Manages planning necessary to ensure that assigned production lines have necessary materials on hand to ensure efficient use of production personnel and timely completion of production orders
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements, track material and identify overdue materials
- Determines inventory needs to maximize inventory turns and cash flow management
- Manages inventory rotation and organizes materials for physical inventories
- Conducts off-site visits and inspections with suppliers as regular part of supply management
- Coordinates transfer of materials from other company locations to meet production schedules
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in process production reports and status and location of materials
- Recommends changes to procedures base on experience and research
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Experience leading/supervising a team of buyers and planners is recommended
- Demonstrated planning, analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Proven cost reduction track record
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and working knowledge of ERP with understanding of bills of materials and understanding and ability to apply the principles of Lean Manufacturing and Kanban systems required
- Possess excellent negotiation, verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to read prints, including basic understanding of tolerances and finishes
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- CPM, CLA, CLT or APICS certifications are preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.