Great client is looking for a Quality Engineer Technician with 2 years of experience within quality control or manufacturing. Ideally looking for a candidate that worked with Medical Devices. Working experience with Unigraphics, gauge programming (CMM, digital comparator, vision system), working experience with Minitab performing gauge studies / capability analysis.
10 month contract.
location: Memphis, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 23 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
The Quality Engineer Tech I is responsible for the execution of various projects such as the implementation of new inspection technologies and their associated programming and validation. This person evaluates and supports quality control activities through training, inspection techniques, procedure preparation, and continued technical support.
- Participates in Material Review Board process reviewing parts for potential non-conformances
- Processes orders through the NC procedure
- Attends and participates in meetings to review and execute new technologies
- Interfaces with engineers to ensure quality considerations throughout the process
- Participates in the development of various inspection techniques and procedures to ensure product integrity meets design specifications
- Works with Quality Engineers and the Metrology Lab personnel on the development of all product gaging
- Participates as a trainer in Quality Control and Manufacturing employee training programs
- Works with management, Engineers and Manufacturing associates in the resolution of quality problems. Also, assists each of these groups with capability studies and the application of statistical quality control
- Two (2) years intermediate level experience in quality control or manufacturing preferred. Must possess good written and verbal skills
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Performance/Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks. (Flawless Execution of the Basics).
- Information Monitoring - Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
- Technical proficiency - working experience with Unigraphics, gauge programming (CMM, digital comparator, vision system), working experience with Minitab performing gauge studies / capability analysis.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Quality Engineer (2 years of experience is preferred)
- manufacturing (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Quality Technician (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.