A utility infrastructure contract company that is experiencing major growth is looking to add an experienced Estimator to their team in Fresno, CA. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of reading blueprints, plans, specs, contracts, quotes, purchase orders, etc and 5+ years of experience in estimating, preferable in the utility industry.
location: Fresno, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Attend pre-bid meetings and coordinate pre/post job meetings
- Read blueprints and technical documents in order to prepare estimates and material take-offs
- Maintain and source best value and diverse subcontractors/suppliers/resources.
- Ensure pricing is updated in Heavy Bid
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, clients, and sub-contractors on estimates
- Consult with industry experts and management to discuss estimates and resolve issues
- Assist in or delegate the transfer of bid information to HeavyJob and Vista by Viewpoint
- Ensure project scopes, schedules and budgets are clearly defined
- Evaluate a product's cost-effectiveness or profitability
- Track, bid and secure profitable work
- Conduct Project Handoff Meetings that are initiated by the Execution Team
- Participate in project post-mortem reviews.
- Use computer software to calculate estimates
- Work with other teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients
- Develop a project base schedule for the duration of the project
- Visit jobs post-award to analyze production and cost to make sure all margins are met
- Travel to job sites to gather information on materials needed, labor required, and other factors
- Collect and analyze data in order to estimate a project competitively
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and standards.
- strong mathematical skills - knowing the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of office equipment, materials and supplies used in an office.
- Extensive knowledge with CPM scheduling via MS Project, Sure Trak, P6
- Service orientation skills - always looking for ways to help people.
- Extensive knowledge with reading blueprints, plans, specs, contracts, quotes, purchase orders, etc
- strong Computer aptitude. Must be proficient in Excel, Work, and Outlook.
- Ability to understand, follow, and transmit written and oral instruction
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Ability to travel to jobsites as required
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to agree on completion dates and times for delegated work, paraphrase or repeat all verbal requests, keep track of delegated work, and complete delegated work on time with no surprises
- Extensive knowledge in City, County, municipality requirements (i.e. Standard Plans and Specifications)
- Required: 5 years of verifiable estimating experience
- Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Desired: Bachelor's in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 15lbs
- standing for 4 hours at one time
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.