Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Permanent Position: Project Mechanical Design Engineer is needed for a leading manufacturer in Dallas, TX. We are looking for an engineer with 5+ years experience with a focus on product design. Mechanical Project Engineering in Automotive or designing sensors including mechanical and electrical designs for high volume manufacturing is highly preferred. 3D modeling experience required. Must have experience leading cross functional teams. Experience with PDM systems a plus. Lean manufacturing, ISO 9001 and APQP experience is a plus.
location: DALLAS, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Works in a fast-paced design and development environment.
- Designs new products (end items and components) in accordance with project plans and schedules.
- Uses Solidworks to create 3D models of new designs for use in conceptual planning and marketing and for detailed design work supporting analysis, tooling, drawing documentation and Customer assembly model needs.
- Develops products within defined NPI/APQP from concept to market.
- Performs critical fit analysis and stress analysis to optimize designs prior to tooling.
- Produces drawings that are accurate and toleranced for mating parts fit and function.
- Leads cross-functional teams.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Mechanical Design (10 years of experience is required)
- Project Engineering (10 years of experience is required)
- NPI (1 year of experience is required)
- 3D Cad modeling (10 years of experience is required)
- metals - casting and forging
- Engineering Project Leadership (2 years of experience is required)
- Injection Molding
- Material Property Selection (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.