A Supply Management Specialist is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the East Moline, IL area. This job provides entry level sourcing, Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP), Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP) support to include development and execution/enforcement of strategies and contracts for commodities of lower value and less complexity.
location: East Moline, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $23.26 - 24.93 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
What Skills You Need:
- Executes Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) with cost reduction activities, analyzing quotations, and making supplier selection based on criteria such as quality, cost, process capability, lead time and supplier stability.
- Participates in implementation of resourcing activities and make versus buy decisions.
- Collects cost data and prepares limited supplier cost/industry analyses.
- Supports the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Develops and executes inventory plans to achieve inventory/asset management and material flow goals; resolves shipping, receiving, invoicing and payment problems to ensure prompt and accurate payments to suppliers.
- Drives continuous improvement in terms of performance and lowest total cost with the Supply Base utilizing Achieving Excellence process and criteria.
- Defines, resolves, and provides permanent solutions to supplier performance issues with the assistance of other functional representatives such as quality, product engineering, etc., while managing the day-to-day supplier relationship issues, thereby assuring proper communication occurs.
- Expedites parts as necessary.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Previous experience leading teams or managing projects involving multiple stakeholders and working with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to collaborate on project teams involving multiple disciplines and facilities to deliver expected results
- strong interpersonal and facilitation skills to work in a team environment, interacting with design engineers, suppliers and management
- Experience with negotiation and conflict resolution
- strong verbal and written communication, presentation and documentation skills with multiple levels of the organization
- Proven experience with prioritizing multiple tasks/projects with the ability to shift priorities as needed in a fast-paced environment
- strong computer skills and systems knowledge, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Previous experience in one or more areas of Supply Management, such as: supplier integration, strategic supply management, supplier development, material flow, tactical supply management, scheduling, forecasting or logistics
- Experience using SAP/PDM (workflow)
- Experience analyzing data and solving problems to achieve desired results
- Business or engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Sourcing, cost reduction, change management.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Supply Chain
- Supply Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.