If you're an experienced Project Electrical Engineer, seeking longevity in a plant, and are qualified with more than 3-years of tenure, this opportunity with one of our clients could be your forever career!
- BSME or BSEE required
- Project Management work experience needed
- Great communicator, ability to collaborate with others, and takes initiative are three main interpersonal traits needed to excel within this organization
location: Texarkana, Arkansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Works closely with Department Managers to implement changes and additions, to improve safety, efficiency, and reliability of machinery and equipment. Evaluates suggestions, estimates cost, and supervises installation of new equipment.
- When necessary, works with Technical, Production, Lab, QE, and Maintenance to evaluate, troubleshoot, and resolve process issues and modifications.
- Consults with the Maintenance Manager, Production Department Managers, Production, other Project Engineers, Industrial Engineers, and Plant Engineer concerning project assignment details.
- Prepares work requests for the Maintenance Department. Assists in trouble shooting or analysis of any problem in plant when called to do so by Plant Engineer. Observes work? in?process to insure that work is performed as scheduled and that employees follow prescribed procedures and safety regulations.
- Uses CMMS to prepare work requests and work orders, purchase parts and equipment, and to assist in the evaluation of maintenance efficiency in assigned areas. Actively participates in efforts to reduce maintenance costs and all operating costs in assigned areas.
- Maintains an awareness of the latest developments within the industry by touring various plant facilities, meeting with industry people holding like positions, and by reading various technical publications.
- Acts as mentor in working with co-op engineers and associate engineers in developing theirunderstanding of processes, methods, system, etc. related to operations and equipment of the plant.
- Understands Lean Manufacturing principles and actively initiates & participates in continuous improvement projects and teams.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Electrical Engineering (3 years of experience is required)
- PLC (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Manufacturing (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.