Growing company in the greater Wausau, WI area is seeking a Controls Technician for a field service role. The ideal candidate will have a background in instrumentation and controls support and experience with setup and troubleshooting of control systems. Associates degree preferred or experience in lieu of degree. Will consider sharp entry level candidates with internship or co-op experience.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Marshfield, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 47,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Assist in the commissioning, startup and installation of instrumentation and control systems in food and beverage industries
- Wiring/calibration/troubleshooting of instrumentation and control components including PLCs, HMIs, instrumentation, motor controls
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Communicate with senior technicians and supervisor in order to understand your job duties for a given project.
- Learn to read and understand schematic drawings, assemble control panels, motor panels and HMI panels.
- Learn to utilize AutoCAD Electrical software to review necessary drawings, previous AutoCAD Electrical experience a plus.
- Ability to travel about 50%
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 40lbs
- standing for 5 hours at one time
- working up to 10 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: High School
- Electrical (1 year of experience is required)
- Field Service
- AutoCAD Electrical
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.