job summary: Will lead a team of 30+ hourly and salared teammates responsible for production planning and scheduling as well as all of shipping and receiving/ transportation . Full relocation assistance provided.
location: Brandenburg, Kentucky
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Selection Criteria: Teamwork
- Building trust and facilitating a collaborative effort to achieve a common goal in the most effective and efficient way. Leadership Presence and Courage
- Willingness and confidence to have immediate and direct conversations on critical alignment issues such as teamwork, building relationships, initiating and supporting change, and production process issues that arise. This includes the willingness to face adversity and conflict head on. Administration and Management
-Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, recruiting, and coordination of people and resources. Judgment/Decision Making
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate and efficient direction. Transportation
- Knowledge of principles and methods for supply chain management, including the relative costs and benefits. Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Developing specific goals and plans for prioritizing, organizing, and accomplishing individual work and/or the work of the team to include effective time management. Problem Solving
- Identifying problems and analyzing complex data points or reviewing related information to develop innovative and efficient solutions. Coordinating Information
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information and communicating with all relevant partners in order to drive the most effective course of action.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related field
- 5 years leadership experience in Logistics/transportation ( minimum of Truck and Rail) Barge preferred.
- Production Scheduling experience in a manufacturing plant is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated Analytical Skills
- History of building high performing teams
- Transportation Management Systems (TMS) desired
- Plant start-up/greenfield experience highly desired
- Steel, paper, building materials or heavy industry experience a good fit.
- Team Player, Great Communicator, Servant Leader
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.