A Sr. Buyer/Planner is needed for the world's largest standalone medical technology development company in the Brooklyn Center, MN area. In this role, you will participate and/or lead Sourcing strategic activities, especially those involving product life cycle and supplier management including but not limited to: product/part phase in-phase, Last time buy/Strategic and excess & obsolete processes, local sourcing related initiatives, supplier delivery performance and inventory management.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $15.72 - 26.67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Education Required: Years' Experience Required:
- Maintain and promote strong relationships with suppliers, Supplier Quality Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning, Finance, Quality, Commodity Management and any other internal customers.
- Liaison with the Commodity Management and Sourcing Engineering Teams in the development of commodity strategies, inputs and discussions about supplier score card and performance reviews (Quarterly Business Reviews).
- Participate in supplier visits and audits to drive continuous improvement activities (Cost of Poor Supplier Quality Support)
- Use problem solving techniques/methodologies to identify supplier delivery root cause and achieve resolution of production continuity events (support sCAPA when necessary)
- Knowledge of the quality system and responsible for following all applicable procedures
- Site support for regulatory body audits
- Daily stand up at Site production and Tier meetings. Attend other Staff meetings as needed
- Prioritize for expediting and coordinate with planning and receiving inbound daily receipts including incoming inspection
- Performs special projects as assigned including but not limited to: Lifecycle Management, material cost reduction initiatives (Price Point Variance), consignment agreements, KPI tracking and other projects within the business unit
- Cash Flow Initiatives: Support the Last time buy/Strategic and excess & obsolete process and follow-up scrap disposition at sites and monitor, implement consignment agreements and leverage Cardiovascular group to limit inventory costs
. Top Needs:
- JDE Experience
- Perseverance and active problem solving
- Fast learner with excellent communication skills
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Supply Chain
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.