Electrical Engineer with at least 4 years of experience in defining equipment layouts and efficiency models for food safety equipment is needed in Florida. Knowledge of food processing, packaging, material handling, controls/automation, and other process equipment/systems in compliance with state, federal and/or International codes & standards. Knowledge of RTE, bakery, protein, or dairy/beverage processes required.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years of professional electrical engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience in process/manufacturing engineering environment; food & beverage preferred
- NEC and NFPA codes
- Technical experience with AutoCAD 2D or 3D design software
- Occasional travel to customer and site locations (up to 30%)
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with Project Managers, Engineers, and Designers to develop electrical schematics and equipment layouts to efficiently meet customer specifications; ensure designs and layouts conform to electrical specifications, code requirements, and food safety requirements.
- Conduct Arc flash analysis; Develop designs to reduce category level risk.
- Prepare contract documents, calculations, observation reports, and estimates.
- Provides on-site project support to assist in accurate electrical installation with the electrical contractors using the project installation drawings.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- MEP (4 years of experience is required)
- Controls (3 years of experience is required)
- Food Processing Equipment (1 year of experience is required)
- NEC Codes (2 years of experience is required)
- NFPA codes (2 years of experience is required)
- AutoCAD (2 years of experience is required)
- Arc Flash Analysis
- Equipment Layouts (2 years of experience is required)
- Electrical Schematics Design (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Food/Pkg Processing Equipment (2 years of experience is required)
- Electrical Engineering
- Capital Equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.