The role of the Systems Configuration Designer, OEM & Manifolds is to create and design AutoCAD pipling manifold drawings and associated product detail drawings for Rack Manifold piping systems. Qualified canidatates should have 2 + years of experinece in AutoCAD 2D and knowledge of machining, welding and bending process of sheet metal.
location: Waterford, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Create and update OEM & Manifold ACAD drawings and detail drawings of various complexity using customer/OEM ACAD and 3D drawings, sketches and verbal direction.
- Serve as drawing creation and update resource for our OEM & Manifold application engineering, and production and Sales teams.
- Work with our Global team and partners in the design and application of rack manifold products.
- Create and maintain our product application guides, Manifold drawings, detail and block drawings, and configuration tools that define how our products are to be applied to meet customer's needs.
- Review the work of others in the department to ensure completeness, proper application and accuracy.
- Perform duties in compliance with company policies, SOP's, work instructions, Quality manual, and standards.
- Demonstrate accountability for completing work assignments to meet agreed upon commitments and deadlines within a team environment.
- When necessary, travel to customer/OEM sites to assist sale and service of our products.
- When necessary, meet with Production and Manufacturing to review the design and process of our manifold products.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Knowledge and familiarity with engineered systems design and application.
- Knowledge and understanding of Auto CAD's functions, process and capabilities.
- Knowledge with machining, welding and bending process of sheet metal.
- Knowledge and understanding of Auto LISP or Basic for the creation and maintenance of customized programs and commands used in conjunction with Auto CAD.
- Knowledge and familiarity with ERP system (Oracle) for the creation of Item Masters, BOM's and routings.
- Knowledge Bills of Material experience, Fabrication and ECO/DCN drawing experience
- Knowledge of and proficiency in AutoCAD 2-D and conversion of 3-D to 2-D models and drawings.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in model and drawing file format conversion.
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing and business skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel
- In-depth industry knowledge and understanding of customer needs and requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written business correspondence with customers.
- Ability to use drawings and sketch-work as part of communication skillset.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and product/system drawings.
- Ability to read, interpret and create mechanical and drawings that clearly define the requirements of a design.
- Ability to learn quickly, independently, and adapt to changing environments, including a work from home situation
- Ability to self-check own work and the work of others for completeness and accuracy.
- Ability to manage commitments and schedules
- Ability to display a high level of consistency, organization, attention to detail and integrity in all work produced.
- Ability to articulate and apply a customer value propositions.
- Associates degree in Mechanical Drafting/Design or equivalent on the job training and a minimum of 3 years practical mechanical design and drafting experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD drawing for machining, welding and bending process of sheet metal.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.