PLC Maintenance Electrician located near Tinley Park, IL at a worldwide leading industrial manufacturer. This role is responsible to make electrical repairs, as well as installing, maintaining or rebuilding a variety of production and building equipment. Candidates must have Associate or technical degree with at least four (4) years of electrical/electronic or instrument and control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment. This is direct hire opportunity to join a growing Fortune 300 organization. APPLY NOW!
- Associate or technical degree or higher in electrical engineering, electrical systems, instrumentation, electronic technology.
- Four years of electrical/electronic or instrument and control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- PLC troubleshooting (Siemens, Alan Bradley, Fanuc, etc.)
- Must be familiar with lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, drill presses, 3-phase power and equipment, AC / DC drives and process controls
- Proficient working with industrial controls
location: Chicago Heights, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $52,000 - 62,000 per year
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Diagnose equipment problems, disassemble, determine extent of repairs, requisition or make parts, assemble equipment and make necessary operating adjustments
- Install and repair variety of electrical equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications
- Perform predictive precision maintenance to identify and correct mechanical/electrical defects before machines fail.
- Ability to layout complex control circuitry. Ability to select material and prepare wiring diagrams
- Ability to replace faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, motors and position sensing devices
- PLC Programming for Siemens, Allen Bradley and Parker
- Perform preventive maintenance following prescribed schedules.
The essential functions of this role include:
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.