Growing, very reputable and well established manufacturing company is looking to hire an EHS Coordinator in the Sarasota, Florida area.
This is a great opportunity for an entry level EHS professional who is willing to work Friday through Monday from 9:00 AM to 7:30 PM. Due to the growth of the company advancement opportunities are available.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan with an hourly rate ranging from $20/hr to $21/hr plus a comprehensive array of benefits, matching 401k plan and paid vacation.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $41,000 - 44,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 6pm
education: High School
- Follow the organization's HS&E policies, procedures and mandatory instructions; to identify and mitigate environmental risks and risks to the wellbeing of oneself and others in the workplace; instruct the team in safe working methods; identify instances of risky behaviors within the team and take appropriate action, escalating serious issues as appropriate.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making
- Manages and applies safe systems of work without supervision and provides technical guidance when required.
- Identifies, assesses, prioritizes and manages risks in a production process without supervision and provides technical guidance when required.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health or safety
- Assist operations and management in the review of incidents to determine root causes and corrective actions. Assist operations leaders, as needed, with corrective actions.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Accountable for the safety of all team members for whom they are responsible for through active engagement in safety activities and provides clear, consistent communication of safe work expectations
- Assist department managers, leaders, and team members with implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, minimize environmental footprint and liability, and implement EHS initiatives
- Conduct safety training or education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- General Education Associates Degree with proficiency with EHS regulatory requirements
The essential functions of this role include:
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.